Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Spinning Bug

Okay, so this is bad. As if I don't have enough Hobbies That Cost Money. There I was, innocently knitting up a shawl, when the spinning bug crawled up my leg and bit me in the butt. I knew right then and there that I was going to have to get me a drop spindle and have a go. I got The Chief's blessing to spend a bit of his hard-earned cash, hiked up my skirts, and sallied forth to the local yarn shop where I got set up with a drop spindle and some beautiful hand-dyed fibre (which is far too beautiful for my feeble attempts, but we won't go into that now lest I become discouraged).

At any rate, I have made yarn! I have spun and it actually worked. Okay, it's really thick yarn and not the lace-weight of my dreams, but it is yarn!

I do believe I shall have to acquire a spinning wheel.

Which The Chief thought might be cool until he saw how much they cost.

Ah, well, I'll just have to work on him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you get your spinning wheel there, Rapunzel, let me know if you can spin straw into gold! We could sure use some. ;-)